Fun Facts & AE Firsts
- At any one time, a cow’s udder can hold 25 to 50 pounds of milk.
- A cow produces 90 glasses of milk a day.
- A little over 21 pounds of milk is needed to make a pound of butter and 16 pounds of milk is needed to make a half gallon of ice cream.
- The daily raw milk shipment received at AE weighs more than 1000 cows.
- AE employs a fleet of 400 vehicles to transport products over more than 200 routes throughout Iowa and the Kansas City area.
- Every year, the dairy plants over 30,000 tulip bulbs at the corporate office.
- AE carries over 300 sales counting units (SKUs) of dairy and frozen products.
- AE was the first dairy in the country to package frozen yogurt for sale in grocery stores.
- When it comes to yogurt flavors, AE is always coming up with new flavor firsts like: Blueberry Buckle, Key Lime Pie, Peach Cobbler, Strawberry Rhubarb Pie, and White Chocolate Strawberry. All are ridiculously yummy!
- AE was the first dairy in the country to put the photos of missing children on milk cartons, after 2 young Iowa boys disappeared.
- AE was the first dairy to offer double safety-sealed packaging.