Tomato Pesto Egg Baguette Boats
- 2 loaves (8 ounces each) French bread
- ½ cup purchased basil pesto, divided
- 12 tablespoons AE Cottage Cheese (any variety), divided
- ½ cup shredded part-skim mozzarella, divided
- 4 Roma or other small tomatoes, sliced
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup AE Heavy Whipping Cream, Half-and-Half or Milk (any variety)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with foil. Using a serrated knife, cut a v-shaped wedge out of the top of each loaf of French bread. Remove the wedge of bread and pull out the center of the loaf, leaving a ½-inch-thick shell (use the bread for croutons). Toast the loaves in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until crisp.
Spread 2 tablespoons of pesto inside each toasted loaf, then spread 3 tablespoons of cottage cheese over the pesto. Lay slices of tomato on the cottage cheese and top with ¼ cup mozzarella in each loaf. Drizzle with an additional 2 tablespoons pesto, top with 3 tablespoons cottage cheese, then top with more tomatoes.
In a large cup with a pour spout, whisk together the eggs, cream, salt and pepper. Divide the egg mixture between the loaves, slowly pouring it inside each one and letting it settle before adding more. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon Parmesan over each loaf. Bake the loaves for 40 to 45 minutes, or until the filling is puffed and set. Let the loaves stand for 10 minutes before cutting into pieces and serving.
Makes 5-7 Servings
|MORE AE RECIPES|