Vegetable and Black Bean Quesadillas
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cups thinly sliced onion
- 2 cups thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 2 cups packed fresh spinach leaves
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (10 ounces) corn kernels, drained
- ½ cup AE Hot Jalapeño Mexican Style Dip or AE Mexican Style Dip
- 3 cups shredded white Cheddar cheese
- 6 (10-inch) flour tortillas
- AE Sour Cream, purchased salsa and fresh cilantro for serving
Preheat the oven to 300ºF. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a sauté pan over medium-high. Add the onion and bell pepper and cook, stirring often, until softened. Stir in the spinach and cook until wilted; season vegetables with salt and pepper and set aside. In a small bowl, stir together the black beans and corn.
To assemble the quesadillas, heat 1 teaspoon of the remaining oil in a 10- to 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add a tortilla to the skillet and sprinkle ¼ cup cheese on one half of the tortilla. Arrange ¼ cup vegetable mixture and ¼ cup bean mixture on the vegetables, then spoon 1 tablespoon dip on the beans; top with another ¼ cup cheese.
Carefully fold the unfilled side over the fillings, creating a half-moon shape. When the tortilla is brown on the bottom, carefully flip the quesadilla over to brown the other side. When brown and cheese is melted, transfer the quesadilla to a cutting board and cut it into three wedges; transfer to a baking sheet and keep warm in the oven until ready to serve. Assemble and cook remaining tortillas and filling, adding more oil to the skillet as needed to brown the tortillas. Serve quesadillas with AE Sour Cream, salsa, and cilantro.
Makes 6 quesadillas
|MORE AE RECIPES|