Chocolate-Greek Yogurt Mousse
- ½ cup good-quality semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- ¾ cup AE Heavy Whipping Cream, divided
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1-6 ounce container AE Classic (plain)* Greek Yogurt, room temperature
- Chocolate shavings and/or fresh raspberries
* Almond Creme and Vanilla Greek Yogurt flavors also work well in this recipe.
In a medium microwave-safe bowl melt the chocolate on 100% power (high) for 1 to 2 minutes until smooth, stirring every 30 seconds. Let cool slightly.
Whip ½ cup of the cream, the sugar, and vanilla to soft peaks in a separate bowl.
Whisk the yogurt into the cooled chocolate mixture until blended. Add half of the whipped cream to the yogurt mixture to lighten, then gently fold in the remaining whipped cream with a rubber spatula, being careful not to overmix (a few white streaks of whipped cream are okay). Divide the mousse between 4 small dishes or ramekins, cover with plastic wrap, and chill until set, at least 2 hours or overnight.
To serve, whip the remaining ¼ cup cream to soft peaks in a bowl, then dollop onto each serving of mousse. Garnish with chocolate shavings and raspberries, if desired.
For chocolate curls, scrape the edge of a milk chocolate candy bar with a vegetable peeler.
Makes 4 1/2-cup servings
|MORE AE RECIPES|