- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (or 1 teaspoon lemon extract)
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 carton (6 ounces) AE Lemon Yogurt
- Powdered sugar
- Freshly whipped AE Heavy Whipping Cream, sweetened to taste
- Fresh blueberries, raspberries and/or strawberries
Preheat the oven to 325°F. Lightly coat a 10-inch Bundt pan with nonstick spray and dust the inside with flour, shaking out the excess; set aside. In a large bowl, cream together the sugar and butter with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition, then blend in the lemon juice and lemon peel.
In a second bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda and salt. Add one-third of the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and blend until nearly incorporated. Add half of the yogurt and blend (batter will be thick), then add half of the remaining flour mixture. Blend in the remaining yogurt, then mix in the last portion of the flour mixture by hand until no flour is visible.
Spread the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until cake is golden and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool the cake for 10 minutes in the pan, then turn it out onto a rack to cool completely. Dust with powdered sugar and serve with whipped cream and berries.
Makes 12 servings
|MORE AE RECIPES|